It is so easy to fall away from our habits while we are stuck at home with no structure. If you’re working from home you are probably sleeping in and not getting ready, and after work you are probably sitting around and watching Netflix. The last thing on your mind is likely your habits. This week we are talking all about Taking Care of YOU! For me, this includes taking care of your habits! There will come a day when we get out of this mess, and if you have become accustomed to being lazy and sleeping in, getting up and going to work is going to be a really hard thing for you to do. This is why I propose that we all take this time to really grind down on our habits and make a shift. Let’s become productive and successful, and ditch the couch potato fantasy. Even if your inital thought when you get to stay home is “Yes I can watch TV and chill.” You know just as well as I do that you will get bored quickly. That’s why I am here to help.
Habits have always intrigued me, It is crazy to me that doing small things over and over again can impact your life in such a significant way. This can go either way. You can either go up or down, grow or shrink, succeed or fail. Today I am not going to tell you how to form habits, I am going to be giving you a list of 5 habits that can really change your life. Some of these items have already been mentioned this week through our Week of Taking Care of YOU, so hopefully I get the point across. Okay, let’s get into it.
- I cant even begin to tell you how much reading has changed my life. I used to hate reading, but when I went through a time in my life when I was lonely and needed a companion, books took the place and fit in quite nicely, and they have never left. Self Help, Fiction, Biographies, Sci-fi, I couldn’t care less what genre you choose, maybe choose them all (I sure do) JUST READ!
- Morning Routine
- Okay having a morning routine is VITAL to being successful. A lot of times we don’t have enough time in our day to really take care of ourselves. To sit and focus on how we are feeling and what we are thinking. Take some time and shape a morning routine that you love, and that you will be able to stick with, going to work or not!
- 5 Minute Tasks
- How often have you put something off that could have easily been accomplished in under 5 minutes? It ultimately adds more stress to our plate to not do it, but we still don’t. I challenge you to make a habit out of doing the 5 minute tasks, even when you don’t want to, and see what a difference it makes!
- We have talked about this a lot already this week, but only because I think that it is so important. Really focusing on what you are grateful for can make a huge shift in your perspective on life. This can be something that you add to your morning routine, or you can do it before bed. Really you can do this whenever works for you. Just make sure to do it because it will change your life!
- Drink a Glass of Water Right When You Wake Up
- I am sure you will agree, that most of us are dehydrated most of the time. Our bodies are 60% water, and all of our vital organs are made from water. As we sweat and use the bathroom we are losing water. So it is important for us to be replenishing our water. Make a habit of drinking a glass of water first thing when you wake up in the morning. Challenge yourself to drink it before you make your morning coffee, if you don’t drink your water, you can’t have your coffee!
There you have 5 Habits that you should form that will help in transforming your life! There are plenty of other habits out there that you can form as well, comment down below the habits that you are currently working on. I would love to hear from you! Thank you so much for reading today’s post, and I will talk to you tomorrow!