In most homes social distancing and self quarantining is in full effect. By this point we are all starting to get a little stir crazy. It’s funny to me that we tend to complain about having to go to work, or school, or other events, but when we are finally given the opportunity to stay home, we go crazy! Well I am here today to hopefully help you beat some of your self isolation blues, and be productive whilst doing it. If you aren’t already aware we are currently doing a week of Taking Care of YOU! Today is day three, but if you would like to check out our other posts from the week, you can CLICK HERE for day 1, and CLICK HERE for day 2. I hope you check them out and enjoy them! With that being said, lets just go on ahead and jump right into today’s topic!
As much as I believe you should spend some of your time over the next couple of weeks resting and keeping yourself healthy and rejuvenated, I also think that sitting at home can make people get antsy and irritated. My goal here is to give you some options of things that you can do to keep yourselves from loosing it these next couple of weeks, and hopefully make some much needed progress in the process. I have broken up my productive things to do into groups, including: personal/wellbeing, home, education, and work. Lets just get right into it!
- Deep clean yourself! (take a shower & shave, clip your nails, exfoliate, put on lotion, brush your teeth)
- I know that you probably do these things often, but now is the perfect opportunity to really put some effort into getting yourself nice and squeaky clean.
- Read a good book
- I dont care what genre you choose, just read a book and get away from the TV for a little while, you will probably feel better about the time you spent, and you will also probably enjoy it more than you’d think!
- Do an at home workout, go for a walk or a jog, it really doesnt matter what you do as long as you move your body. When stuck at home we tend to spend alot of time sitting, and its time to get up and get some physical exercise.
- Get Ready
- When we are stuck at home (yes I realize that some of you are still going to work so this doesnt really apply) we dont feel the need to get ready because, well we are at home. But getting ready can really be a boost to your confidence, and to your productivity.
- Clean Out That Junk Drawer
- We all have one, dont lie and say that you dont. Now is the perfect time to start to organize the messy parts of life, including that REALLY messy junk drawer!
- Go Through Your Closet
- Spend some time in your closet and get rid of the things that you no longer wear, make a pile of clothes that are still good that you can donate when you are able to go out and about again.
- Plant a Garden
- Now this is something that you can do if you have the means for it, but you might not have the supplies or the weather could not permit it, however if you can, even an herb garden could add a little light to this situation.
- Spring Cleaning
- Hi its March, and you know what that means . . . . SPRING CLEANING! Now is the perfect time to get some cleaning done (especially sanitizing!)
- Read Something Educational
- Maybe start with a how-to book on something you have been interested in for a long time.
- Youtube has a large variety of educational videos, learn something new that intrigues you
- Start a Side Hustle
- With some of us out of jobs or uncertain of the future, now is a great time to start a side hustle or a business! Go online and look at different options or just go for that business that you have been dreaming of creating for forever!
- Freshen up on new practices
- If you LOVE your job, this is something beneficial for you! We tend to get caught up in our day to day work, and dont spend alot of time learning about more efficient ways that we can perform our jobs. Take some time and look to see if there is anything new you can learn in your field of work!